Development Planning, Monitoring - OshanaRC
Directorate of Planning, Development ,Monitoring & Evaluation Services
To carry out the physical, infrastructure, socio-economic and land use planning, population, and urbanization and to ensure sustainable use of natural resources in Oshana Regional Council
- Implementation of rural sanitation facilities in the Region after allocation by the Regional Tender Board (RTB) within a month
- Provision of materials and equipment’s to project beneficiaries within a month from the date of approval.
- Provision of tailor made services aimed at improving condition of poor farmers within a month after approval.
- Implementation of One Region One Initiative (OROI)
- Interpret and ensure implementation of regional development policy frame works with relevant Legislation;
- Coordinate strategic management plan;
- Coordinate regional development planning;
- Facilitate public participation on regional planning;
- Initiate, facilitate implementation, monitor and evaluate development projects and programmes;
- Compile, analyse, store and distribute statistical data for regional planning;
- Compile reports on regional planning activities;
- Facilitate the execution of Hiv/aids programmes / activities
- Facilitate the construction of new and upgrading of existing government infrastructures when need arise
- Facilitate the appointment of consultants/ contractors within 3 months.
- Approve designs and drawings within 3 weeks
- Conduct monthly inspection on progress of constructions
- Verify workmanship against approved specifications at all times.
- Attend to emergency maintenance within 3 hours
- Attend to maintenance within 14 days
- Prepare bid documents for projects within 5 working days
- Allocate plots at growth points within 2 months
Development Planning Services
- Continuously interpret and ensure implementation of policy frameworks at regional level with relevant legislation.
- Facilitate the development of the Council Strategic Plan three months prior to the expiry of the preceding Strategic Plan and according to approved framework.
- Facilitate the development of the Annual Plan as scheduled.
- Ensure performance review is done at the end of each quarter.
- Facilitate quarterly RDCC consultative meetings.
- Facilitate the nomination of Community/Constituency Development Committee (CDC) members after every three years.
- Facilitate training for CDC members within one month after appointment
- >Monitor and evaluate activities of planned programmes/projects monthly.
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports on regional planning activities.
- Continuously facilitate the execution of HIV/AIDS programme/activities.